Elfinbook 2.0 Reusable Smart Notebook
- The pages feel the same as normal paper -with the exception that they are slightly smoother in “tooth” than your average fiber paper.
- The pages are not as smooth as “photo Printing’ paper, Nor do they have that “white board -squeaky” feeling.
- The Special ink does not “soak” into the surface, so it only goes where you put it. that said, you will find that a new intersecting line replaces an old line or field-the ink does not “stack”.
- I found that one can manipulate the ink the instant before it dries , but once dry it will not smudge.
- Moisture effects the ink but not the pages-so if you are feeling inspired you can play with washes and blends.
- This is a new media for the artist in you - however, for the most part you will not notice the difference from ordinary paper, except for the added smoothness and flow of the pen and how cleanly it erases.
- I have to say the ease of using the app to capture the work is COOL and “fulfilling”-like publishing your work,”because that is exactly what you are doing -without distortion, save it, manipulate, share, organize, immortalize forever.
- Some say one should never erase artwork-I agree! 1) Capturing it digitally shields it from fire, water and TIME. 2) If you love the actual page -save it -seal it from moisture and protect it from heat as you would any other media.(a priceless original)
- The special pens are a bit pricey, However One comes with the book, they last a long time —(AND i found a non-recommended alternative. (sshh) (click this link to learn more))
We suggest using Pilot FriXion Pens with the Elfinbook, other pens not Recommended.
One Black pen is included in the package
-- Add a few more pens to your order they come in Black ,Red and Blue -- ( click here)
Even better add a 3 in 1 pen, it's always good to have three colors right at your fingertips (click here for 3-1)